Roar Kjønstad has been training dogs since 1985, mostly working dogs. At the moment he is training German Shepherds and is active in doing helper work. He has a small breeding program under the kennel name "Niqila".
He has competed with several dogs at a national and world level, including the IDC World Championship in 2003, WUSV 2013 and 2014, Norwegian Champion 2014. He has been a trial helper since 1998, IPO judge since 2003, and a Judge for Mental Test since 2004. He is a member of FCI International FCI Judge pool since 2011.
- Delegate at NKK Working Dog commission
- Delegate at the FCI Working Dog commission
- Teamleader FCI Championship and WUSV Championship several years
- Regional head of helper education/certification
- Several commissions of trust for Norsk Dobermann Klub and Norsk Schæferhundklub.
Past Judging Commissions:
- 10-15 judge commissions each year including several World Championship - Selection trials in many countries
- Several National Championships – both all breed and breed championships
- Judge for UDC Championships in USA 2008
- Judge for Schæferslaget Sweden 2011 - Total
- FMBB 2011 part B world cup/part C finals
- DMC Championat 2012 part B
- AWDF, USA Part B – 2013
- FMBB 2014, Finland part C world cup/part B finals
- Russian Cup part C - 2015
- FMBB France - Part C - World Cup/ part B Finals - 2016.
- IFR World Championship part C – 2016
- Russian Cup part C – 2016
- Sandefjord Cup – part A - 2016
- CACIT – Drenigov Memorial, Slovenia – part B – 2017
- Finnish Championship – Belgian Shepherds - 2017